Marshall County participates in many workforce development programs. Many of these programs are offered at the K-12 level, with our community colleges, through the Alabama Department of Commerce and other partnerships within the community.
Marshall Technical School
The Marshall Technical School provides skills training in technical careers for high school students.
*Cooperative education is available to all students who meet the program criteria.
**Dual Enrollment- Snead: Cyber Security, Industrial Maintenance, Welding
CDL Truck Driver Training
career & Technical Preparation
Every county and city school in Marshall County participates in Alabama’s Career and Technical Education (CTE) program. This program gives high school students who are not in special education or bound for four-year colleges the opportunity to earn college credits and learn skills for a technical career. The CTE program is a partnership between high schools and local colleges.
Snead State Community College
Snead State Community College offers students a two-year academic degree and technical degree programs, as well as certification programs. Additionally, the college offers industry-specific training, when necessary.
Visit the Snead State Community College website for more information.
The Aviation College at Snead State
The Aviation College, located at the Albertville Regional Airport, is a fully compliant FAA Part 147 Airframe Certification school. Students can complete the Airframe component of A&P Certification. The AAC is part of a larger network of campuses across Alabama administered by the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education. Many non-aviation-related companies have found that the skills taught at the AAC are applicable across a broad variety of industries.
NORTH ALABAMAworks career CENTER - Albertville
In order to meet the growing need for businesses to hire and train skilled workers, North AlabamaWorks has partnered with the regional Career Centers to offer a range of services to the workforce. Please reach out to a Career Center near you to take advantage of the wonderful services they offer!
Marshall County Career Center - Albertville - 5920 US Highway 431 North, Albertville, AL 35950
- General information on filing for unemployment compensation
- Employment service work registration
- Eligibility determination for training programs
- Public resource area for self-directed job search
- Local, state, and national job search
- Career center counseling and placement assistance
- Receive a preliminary assessment of skill levels, aptitudes, and abilities
- Obtain information on employment-related services, including local education and training providers
- Computers and data terminals with internet access/basic office software
- Communication links to employers via fax, phone, and email
- Resume preparation and copying
- Printed job resource materials
- Labor market information